Sunday 28 May 2017

spiral

Daily Draw: Spiritual Buddhist Cards, Spiral. 

I see the three figures in this card as one emerging, forming and firming spiritual being. 

The first, somewhat effaced and abject, is flesh toned symbolising the vulnerable human condition. The next is mostly blue meaning truth, spirituality, calmness and peace but perhaps also depression and melancholy. 

The third formation retains some of this but also in amongst the murky tones there is a small quantity of gold or wisdom. 

The increasing turquoise in the upper right suggests an opening of communication between the heart and the spoken word which heals. 

The reverse of the card affirms:

'We are not going
in circles,
we are going upwards.
The path is a spiral
we have already climbed
many steps.'

- Hermann Hesse

The logic of the spiral which encompasses, includes, develops, and yes-ands, of far greater use to us than the rock logic of 'I am right and you are wrong'. 

8 comments:

  1. this is how I want to be able to read the cards. Bev is really good at color and symbology also. I missed those classes completely..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh get away...you (and Bev) are the queens of fluently reading the cards I'd trade that for my clunky book learning any day of the week.

      Delete
  2. I lovel seeing my jorunaey as an upward spiral. Often we seem to adress the same issues and challenges in life. We contineously come back to things we thought we understood only to find a deeper truh this time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry my reply to Sharyn looked like I was replying to you so deleted it

      I love your comment - simultaneously ascending and deepening a great way to think about 'the journey' :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meditation helps us to define ourselves and heighten ourself awareness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The nice thing about a spiral is that when you find yourself in a situation that you've been in before, you now can see it from a different perspective with perhaps more objectivity and clarity than before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good call - makes me think I should make conscious efforts to do this and to circle around my assumptions.

      Delete