Saturday 24 June 2017

Hands

Daily Draw: The Llewellyn Tarot, Queen of Swords

Eschewing small talk and the niceties she sees as conversational 'fluff', Queen may not instantly connect with others. Here we see her up on a mountain with the air above providing the headspace that she so needs. Yet she is not cold as in some interpretations. Actually she is the only queen who reaches out with her hand. It takes lot for her to do this and that hand may not be offered twice. 

She is not the kind of friend who will call umpteen times a day or want to spend every weekend together. Respecting your privacy she won't turn up at your home uninvited and hopes you will respect her privacy too. Months may pass but when you do get together she will pick up exactly where you left off. She will listen quietly when you pour out your heart but she won't mirror those emotions. If she comments at all it will be to offer a logical solution. When someone is in a ditch don't jump in there and cry with them offer them a way out she says. 

I think she is more interested in ideas and theories than in understanding what makes people tick. Perhaps my similar tendencies explain why it has taken me so long to get to know the courts. I do find it a struggle but she has reached out her hand to me and I'd be a fool to turn down the offer of friendship from a kindred spirit. 




8 comments:

  1. Most women I know identify with this queen. Clear intellect and having friends, what more could we want?
    One of my favorite decks, I identify with the 3 of coins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to remember - the lady stitching under a tree?

      I have resisted this queen for a while but I think she is pretty much me.

      Delete
  2. This queen can help me know when I am hooked by a story I've written in my head instead of looking at reality with clarity. She's not warm and fuzzy, but she can be helpful. :)
    (Nice catch on the hand offered.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's a good dynsmic interpretation of what the queen actually does. Will remember :)

      Delete
  3. "the only queen who reaches out with her hand" How wonderful to notice this! I love her, identify with her and also know she is my greatest stumbling block.
    This depiction of her is truly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am learning to love her/me too! This is such a lovely depiction as you say which captures her nuanced nature. I think she has been maligned in common interpretations. Big hug to all those wonderful Q of S out there :)

      Delete
  4. Your seem to know this Queen pretty well. The other day you posed the question if your Significator card would be the Queen of Swords or the Queen of Pentacles. It seems that you have your answer. We are multi-layered and multi-faceted woman. That's what keeps them guessing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to get to know all the queens now :)

      Delete