Saturday 15 July 2017

Occultation

Daily Draw: The Llewellyn Tarot, The Moon

Occultation - when one celestial body obscures another as a result of moving between the observer and the object being observed. The star is no longer visible and here we have the moon representing the night and the amethyst sky the gift of intuition that gets us through it. 

Could the owl symbolising magic, mystery and wisdom be the high priestess in animal form returned to fool in a dream? When all cannot be seen it is not any imaginings but fretful imaginings that we should seek to avoid. I'm reminded of a quote I read this week 'when you are tired sleep'

the night was busy making the moon
so
i gathered my quilt
and softly
told my heart
we'd come back 
tomorrow. 

Nayyirah Waheed








7 comments:

  1. Your post reminds me of the upcoming Solar Eclipse this coming August 21 visible across the United States. They happen all the time. Europe experienced one in 1999 I remember one back in youth. The next one is 2078 I think. A regular phenomenon and yet the conservative christian coalition has everyone in high alert as to coming of end of days - fretful imaginings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is some fretfulness! The 1999 one passed me by and I don't think I'll live to see the 'end of days' in 2078 :)

      Delete
  2. A new quote for my quote book, along with my favorite deck, and my favorite in all suits, the Moon. All about me.... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey glad you like the draw. I've been saving that quote for a moon card. I knew you'd like it :)

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful Moon card and an equally lovely poem to go with it. 'Just sleep on it' was some of the best advice I've ever gotten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a such a nice rendition I love the lilac rippled lake. Sleep on it is some of the best advice I haven't taken. I wish I had. Most things seem better in the morning :)

      Delete
  4. Jotted down the poem on the Moon Page in my tarot book! everything is so much clearer after a good night's sleep

    ReplyDelete