Tuesday 22 August 2017

burn softly

Daily Draw: Green Witch Tarot, The Sun

After the lord of shadows here comes the sun...I'm a little concerned about the eagle in this card who looks to be repeating the error of Icarus...
 

The cosy cottage symbolises contentment, harmony and comfort. The stones and the cart suggest that the residence is the outcome of hard work. A fair amount of material success is needed to purchase a home in such an idyllic location. Yet the card also speaks of the importance of physical wellbeing which is easily forgotten in and amongst out daily commitments. Allowing ourselves to burn out is irresponsible to ourselves and those who rely on us. The card reminds me of the need to make a haven, right where we are now, however small and attend to self-care. There may be peace and even joy to be found in small things like the soft light of a candle and an oil in the burner. 

7 comments:

  1. Looks like that eagle is a bald eagle, a bird whose preferred food is fish, so they tend to live near lakes, reservoirs, rivers, marshes, and coasts. I'm guessing he's just heading to the river for a bit of fishing on this sunny day. :)
    We have these eagles along the Flint River here where I live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you do have good eye for nature and some wonderful native species...no eagles in my neck of the woods but we've just been bat 🦇 watching in the garden - quite magical...

      Delete
  2. A post to relax, to unwine and to know everything will be alright. Thank you for reminding me that a safe haven can be found in the little things as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes let's add little havens one by one...

      Delete
  3. My first little haven was under an ancient cedar whose roots were high enough to make a seating area.
    As I think about it, I'm surprised at how often I think of that tree. Would that I could go there today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that sounds like a lovely haven. It brought to mind the 'you' card in the Llewelyn deck.

      Delete