Wednesday 5 October 2016

Ennui

Daily Draw: Book of Thoth Etteilla Tarot, Four of Cups

Ennui - a feeling of listlessness and dissatisfaction arising from a lack of occupation or excitement. Certainly I've been fully occupied today but perhaps the excitement levels are on the low side. 

I'm reminded by this that it is a long time since I have done a history post or one that connects with my doctorate. My plan - do one history post tomorrow. Readers hold me to it. 

There are no uninteresting things, only uninterested people.

G. K Chesterton, 1874-1936

5 comments:

  1. Ah, to have a purpose that keeps one busy as well as enthusiastic - that is a blessing indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm as bossy as they come, looking forward to some historical connection with your card. I love this deck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this deck too. In a way I'm glad I missed a few posts this week as it means I get to keep working with it over the weekend.

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to read your history post tomorrow and I do believe also, when we look closely, everything is interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! 'tomorrow' turned out to be a moveable feast. I half achieved my plan - picked up my book on medieval Christianity and read a chapter. More on that soon 😀

      Delete