Sunday 30 July 2017

Tens

Daily Draw: The Llewellyn Tarot, The Universe/The World.



I believe this card can mean culmination. The guidebook also mentions graduation as a key word. Something I have been thinking about a lot these past two weeks. It is hard to see but it appears there is a woman frozen in a mountain or iceberg in this rendition. This speaks to my feeling of being trapped between two conflicting commitments. One in which I have often felt oppressed, repressed and depressed. The other is challenging although not impossible if I apply myself and does give me a sense of accomplishment. The dilemma is the first yields an income whereas the second is crucial for my career (and my sense of self).  

To make sense of what I need to do I tried the horseshoe spread set out in the Llewellyn guide (photo of layout below). 

I chose the Page of Pentacles as significator as in this deck he is known as the student or scholar. Here is what I drew

Card 1: Past conditions - Strength - makes sense I have been trying so hard to make both things work

Card 2: Present situation - Six of Wands - odd as I feel anything but victorious

Card 3: Future outlook - Ten of Cups - interesting as it is a preoccupation with security which places me in this dilemma. 

Card 4: Best approach to the situation - Ten of Swords

Card 5: Attributes of others surrounding me - Four of Swords -???

Card 6: Challenges to be faced: Six of Cups - time to grow up and make decisions as a mature adult? 

Card 7: The final outcome - Ten of Pentacles - Guidebook says enjoying the fruits of your labour, freedom from financial concerns that would be nice!

The card that I am most drawn to is the 10 of Swords as the best approach to the situation. If this means the best thing to do is put an end to situation 1 then I've never been so relieved to see this card. Perhaps the income sacrifice is worth it? 

The other thing that strikes me is there are three tens in the spread. Again speaking of endings? 





4 comments:

  1. Interesting that you drew the Universe (culmination) and then drew two Ten cards which are the same thing in different areas. The Ten of Cups is emotional security or balance - a feeling of fulfillment. I know plenty of people who bring home a hefty paycheck and don't have that kind of balance. The Ten of Swords is like hitting a mental bottom. Every idea, strategy, belief, etc. has gotten you to this point (which might have something to do with trying to walk a tightrope between your two choices). The Six of Cups might be integrating the past and the present. I know some of my present behavior is tied to past survival behavior, and it is not very helpful now. The Ten of Coins might be a card of financial stability, but I know people who live moderately and simply yet enjoy it. Hope whatever direction you choose to go in brings you less suffering and more joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to offer this interpretation. What you say about the tens makes a lot of sense and your ideas about the six of cups is food for thought. You are so wise...I would love to be able to read the cards in such an integrated and coherent way one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As the saying goes,"Take what you need and leave the rest." :) I think you do a fantastic job of interpreting the cards!

      Delete
  3. with that many tens a decision has to be made. The end of one thing a beginning of another. The sixes help you figure out how to make the change.

    ReplyDelete