Saturday 23 September 2017

Kaltes

Daily Draw: Goddesses Knowledge Cards: Kaltes

Recently as part of Pull Pen Paint I participated in a session on the divine feminine. I was struck by the fact that although I most of my decks are by women artists and creators I have none specifically dedicated to the goddesses. It made me question myself. Including how I pride myself on being critical and gender aware in the way that I consume, appraise and cite academic texts but to date not so much with tarot and oracles. 

So I have purchased a couple of Goddess decks (purely for the purposes of gender equality)...

This is the shapeshifting moon Goddess Kaltes manifested as a hare - a lunar creature sacred to her. She guides us compassionately to the mysteries of life. I can't find much more about Kaltes on the web. Maybe I'll sit with her a little longer. There is more than just words making up the world. Thank Goddess for the cards...

6 comments:

  1. Although I don't own it myself I love this deck a lot. The depiction are gorgeous. The internet will only give us that much about all the different deities (for me all aspects of the divine feminine). The real connection has to be found within ourselves. Maybe that's how we can unravel the mystery of life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased with this deck the beautiful art work, the borderless images, the card stock and it all fits into a neat pocket sized box. This one will travel with me...

      Delete
  2. What a lovely card; Seddon-Boulet is such an amazing artist. Just that fact that she is a lunar goddess (cycles, receptivity) and associated with the hare (creativity, renewal/spring) says a lot about her. Sitting with such an archetypal image can probably give you more useful information than the internet. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my favourite card in the deck. I can't stop looking at her! I can feel a drawing session coming on so maybe her creativity is rubbing off on me :)

      Delete
  3. stunning card to hold in my heart and mind today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it :) I feel this is such a generous deck this card alone is such a wonderful gift...

      Delete