Wednesday 27 September 2017

Webs

Daily Draw: Goddesses Knowledge Cards, Spider Woman

These Goddesses definitely want me to take my time to get to know them. As I've played with the deck this week the same cards keep coming up - this being one of them.

This brought to mind spiral like thinking - the practice of returning over and over to an object of study or a concept and each time making a slightly different interpretation. Sometimes broadening out, sometimes narrowing down, sometimes, sometimes adding another skein or thread. My understanding of the cards has developed in this way through the daily draws. 

I've been pondering today how recursive and linear thought might be shown to be mutually reinforcing rather than oppositional. I can't make those connections yet. Probanly because i"m being to linear....Maybe Spider Woman will help me better understand how knowledge works as a web. 

8 comments:

  1. She has such a wise and gentle face. She is more than Spider Woman. She is the Crone. She is Grandmother. She is the Wise Woman. She is Goddess. She is....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her face. Beautiful spiralling interpretation....you have to get this deck you'll work so well with it :)

      Delete
  2. Reminds me of Spiral Dynamics. You take what you've learned up the spiral, but the vessel gets bigger and able to hold more (wider perspective) as you go up. You need to the bottom rungs to get you to the present point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen that model before. Thanks for sharing :)

      Delete
  3. I am with Ellen. This is The Crone. You can see that she has had a full and interesting life with those spidery wrinkles on her face. Some of those creases are from laughter and some from shouts of injustice. All are part of who she is. Who we all are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely interpretations of those wrinkles. They are a part of us and so is the crone.

      Delete
  4. you know I'd have to look her up...Spider Woman is a metaphor for she who creates from a central source.
    She is thought highly of in a number of cultures. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are alike :D that's the route I went down looking at how she is revered by different cultures...

      Delete