Friday 29 September 2017

Strength

Daily Draw: Goddesses Knowledge Cards, Ix Chel


I drew the Triple Goddess three times more this morning and took it out of the deck because it was getting a bit odd (albeit in a nice way). My next draw was Ix Chel and I placed the cards side by side to see what I might glean.

I was struck by the two big cats. The lioness appears lower than the Triple Goddess indicating the Goddess is in control of her strength. Yet the lion's eyes do speak of a challenge or dare. By contrast the jaguar's gaze is wary. She remains watchful, attentive as she protects Ix Chel.  

Both animals are born with rosettes for camouflage. Lion cubs lose theirs as they mature into adults (although they may retain some on their face) but jaguars retain their spots for life. 

I'm reminded it is often wise to exercise strength with discretion than announce it with a roar. 







9 comments:

  1. There must be a very significant message here. Perhaps you need Her strength and powerful protection for the coming challenges which could effect you very profoundly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could relate to the IG challenge that we are joining?

      Delete
  2. "Strength with discretion" - I think I'll take that mantra with me today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are already pretty good at that :)

      Delete
  3. Like Where's Waldo, I didn't even see Ix Chel's big cat until you mentioned it. Kind of like strength, we don't know we have it until we exercise it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I maybe stepping out on a limb here... Drawing the Triple Goddess 3X in a row, seems to be significant. IxChel seems to be looking away from the Triple Goddess Card, seemingly implying 'not to look away' from the drawing of the same card 3X in succession. Do not ignore all the aspects of yourself. We are more than what looks back in the mirror. No matter where we are in the circle of Life, we have within us the Maiden,Mother, and Crone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh you are good. This is a thoughtful and thought provoking interpretation. Thank you! having spent a lot of time taking care of others (the mother) I do feel like both the maiden and the crone need to come out to play.

      Delete