Saturday 7 October 2017

Slowing down and taking notice

Daily Draw: Earthly Souls and Spirits Oracle, Mindful

This was the first card I drew but in my rush to 'consume' this new deck I overlooked its subtle beauty. Including the lovely lacework star in the top right corner. 

The deck came so thoughtfully packaged in star spangled tissue paper, with a quality box, soft pouch, a candle, a pocket sized moon phase calendar and even some potpourri and a few chocolates. A delight for the senses and a lovely gift to receive this rainy Saturday. This deck wants me to live more consciously in the moment, to slow down and take notice. So I will. 

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful first draw! I love the artwork of this deck so much. Its perfect for this season! Mysterious and eerie 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I promised myself no new decks unless truly extraordinary. Then this popped up on the radar and would not stop calling to me. I love it so!

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely, ethereal deck. I bet you could write a poem for each card. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a 'poetic' deck. Not sure I have the skill to write poetry but I could try to find some to complement it. Thanks for the idea!

      Delete
  3. ok, put yourself on a deck diet and then enable the rest of us :)
    Gorgeous image

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D every card in this deck has a mooooooon!!!!! 🌙 trade off is there are a few pointy hats which I know you are not keen on...

      Delete
  4. What a lovely card. As Bev comments something ethereal and visually captivating. This makes me think of mermaids being the possible seed race to our planet, and we have not treated them with care. I think I might have to add this deck to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excuse my 'enabling' but I think it is one you would work well with. Your comment reminds me I often speak of my love for the sea but I haven't fully considered how my consumption practices affect her and her creatures....

      Delete