Sunday 12 November 2017

intent

Today's Draw: The Goddess Tarot, Three of Staves.

The ten of cups jumped out today (already seen a few posts back) so I stopped shuffling and went with the next card which follows on nicely. The fiery rays of the sun indicate the resolve to act with intent and the woman's red belt signifies the energy to transform intention into creation. 

The guidebook states that with her plans in motion the woman waits for her ships to come in, confident they will carry the treasures of Goddess Freyja. A nice card of the day. 

6 comments:

  1. Hurray, you're back! :D
    That red belt is an eye-catcher, and it makes me think of the phrase 'put your back into it' (meaning work hard). That follows what you say about taking the intention to another level.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Waving at you across the water! We use that phrase too. I like the way it evokes good honest physical labour...reminds me there is more to work than weaving words.

      Delete
  2. It sure is! Enjoy your Sunday.
    Bugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am! it's a lovely crisp, bright day here. Hope you have a lovely Sunday too.

      Delete
  3. might be the fires of Boudica sacking the Romans
    Dad always said there would be money for allowances when his ship came in.
    Never happened :) I started working for money at 9 or 10. Amazes me now that people would hire a babysitter that young...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh good one, could be.

      I wonder if he knew the English folk song 'when the boat comes in' hails from the north east like me or possibly there was a US version? And yep no one would leave a nine yr old alone these days let alone hire one!

      Delete