Wednesday 1 November 2017

Healing space

Daily Draws: The Goddess Tarot, Nine of Pentacles and Six of Swords

Yesterday's draw was the nine of pentacles. This card emphasises enjoying beauty and pleasure that we have created. A little before it turned dark I cleared up my papers and put away the laptop. I lit some candles placing alongside  jewellery that belonged to my grandparents and others preceding them that I never met. As night fell I did an ancestor spread. It was such a lovely experience. 

The 'wartime' fireplace has been on my demolition list since we moved here and the candlesticks which belonged to K's mother were going to be put away until I noticed their moonly shape. Anyway glad both were still here last night...



Today's card is the six of swords which I drew today can indicate moving to a calmer place. I am reminded by this that I can create healing space exactly where I am. 


8 comments:

  1. I unconsciously sighed just looking at your sacred space. Amazing what something simple and beautiful can do for your spirit. Thanks for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! nurturing the spirit is something I have often overlooked, and yet as you say something very simple can be just what we need.

      Delete
  2. I too was enchanted with your altar. A sacred place just like the garden in the Nine of Pentacles. Getting away and spending time with oneself can be a joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think this will become a regular practice.

      Delete
  3. wow, that mantle space is stunning, I'll run right over and take it off your hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) thank you! the person who fitted it would have been so proud to 'upgrade' from a Victorian fireplace. Let's have a cup of tea and a think before I get out the sledgehammer...

      Delete
  4. Love your sacred space. It's truly magical

    ReplyDelete