Monday 13 November 2017

The enabler

Today's draw: The Goddess Tarot, Lakshmi/The Wheel of Fortune

After yesterday's Christmas shopping traffic frenzy things look pretty clear today. I've had my eye on a navy sequin dress for the party season and am off to try it on. Taking Lakshmi along for a second opinion although being strongly attracted to sparkling things she may not be the most objective shopping companion... 

I'll need to leave for home by 3, after that the only way out will be by aircraft. So hopefully there won't be too much damage. And yes I am fortunate. 
  

7 comments:

  1. I had nearly forgotten about the upcoming holidays until I had to venture out into traffic yesterday. Hope you have good luck shopping - I bet you'll be smashing in that navy sequinned dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not ar all busy here. Perhaps a week or two before Christmas!
    You are making us very curious about your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you both! I had a great time. I've tried taking photos but it's too dark. Maybe tomorrow :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. :) just looking at the displays of sparkly clothes and decorations yesterday was uplifting.

      Delete
  5. I have a pocket helicopter I can loan you. Before we moved up here I was the customer service director for a huge mall. I started work the day after Thanksgiving. What a crush of people for the next six weeks! It was an educational job though and probably the keystone of my dislike of shopping and Stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worked in fashion retail when I was young although only as assistant manager of a boutique. I can imagine being on the other side of the counter in a huge mall would put you off :)

      Delete