Monday 9 January 2017

Simple

Sunday's Card: Angel Tarot Deck, Nine of Earth/Pentacles

Luxury goods are by definition unnecessary. The accoutrements of 'success' just another way of avoiding confronting myself. The message I welcome from this card is quiet reflection. 
Quiet reflection reminds me that what is luxury to one person is mundane for another. I am grateful for all I have and somewhat ashamed at all I waste... 

According to the guide the astrological association of this card is Venus in Virgo 'the pursuit of grounded beautiful perfection. It enjoys a simple life as long as everything is in its place...a down to earth energy'. Simple. Beautiful. Orderly. That speaks to my inner Virgo...

In other news my Sharon Salzberg books have arrived and reflecting on what I have written I must be sure not to 'waste' them. 

5 comments:

  1. The winter months are usually when I go on a decluttering spree. We have a small house, which in some ways is a good thing - only so much stuff will fit in it. :) I find that when things are too cluttered and disorderly, I feel the same way inside (stressed). So I go through these things and ask myself, "Do I use it? Does it have sentimental value (something that couldn't be replaced)?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our house tiny by American standards just google Monton England which is full of little terraces. Feeling like a declutter is it useful is it beautiful good criteria....hope your community is recovering and than you for the book recommendations:)

      Delete
    2. Thank you; we are getting there slowly but surely. Hope you enjoy Sharon's books; she is one of the most down-to-earth teachers I know. :)

      Delete
  2. I was just reading about the cache of broken drinking gasses here http://www.thehistoryblog.com/archives/45482 from the 1400's .
    Even when we crawled out of the ooze I expect there were haves and havenots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's some conspicuous consumption! I may be wasteful but have never tossed a perfectly good wine glass over my shoulder :) thanks for sharing the link.

      Delete