Monday 20 February 2017

Any road

Daily Draw: Fairy Tarot Cards, Awakening/The Hanged Man. 

This is only the second time I have drawn this card since starting daily draws almost a year ago. In this interpretation our man is doing a handstand rather than hanging. The message being to look at things from a different angle. My first reaction - no time for hanging around or handstands today. 

Computer enforced pause...If I'd closed it down properly last night the updates would have been all done by this morning. 

Then I noticed the sash hanging around the fairy's waist is hanging the wrong way. So I turned the card the upside down... Now instead of doing a hand stand he's pushing upwards for headspace. This reminds me ideas need time and space to brew. 

There's a research funding competition deadline next week. Instead of putting it off I'll take a longer look at the criteria now and let the ideas 'cook' in the background while I go about my other tasks. 


I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then.Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there.
Lewis Carroll, 1832-1898


4 comments:

  1. I like your view of adding more head space. I can create so much stress for myself when I limit whatever I am trying to do to a few narrowly defined possibilities. More space = more ideas and endless possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scrapping my head work plans now and tidying up my space for more possibilities...

      Delete
  2. Nice post. I too sometimes will turn the card in reverse and the message becomes very clear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First time I've done it...certainly something I will try again :)

      Delete