Thursday 9 February 2017

Dancing not delving

Daily Draw: The Shaman's Oracle, Dancer of Reconciliation 

Today I am off to meet a relative from a branch of the family that I haven't seen in fifteen years. I'm feeling a little apprehensive. Is it too soon as we have only been back in touch a couple of months. Or unwise? 

My late twenties were a time of turmoil struggling singlehanded with a caring responsibility that the family thrust upon me. It proved completely beyond my capabilities (and was probably beyond anyone else's too). Ultimately it came down to survival. I had nothing to lose and everything to gain by walking away. I've never recovered mentally. 

Drawing this card provide me with a nudge of confidence. The relative I am going to meet has had a difficult time too making one of the biggest and bravest changes a person can make. I don't know who I'm going to meet...

While the card speaks of righting old wrongs and grievances there is no need. The past can't be undone and it is what we do now that matters. I am hoping that the beautiful historic city of York will keep us distracted from raking up family history. 

This will be a dance of reconciliation and not a full on embrace. It is important to stay safe and respect each others boundaries. 



5 comments:

  1. If you both can start from the present (like new acquaintances), I bet things will go well. But you are wise to expect a handshake rather than an embrace; those expectations are what shoot us in the foot. Sending positive thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It went well. We begin our history now. Although I came away with an old 70s photo of the family which I love. I didn't think I would want to see it but I did...

      Delete
  2. Excellent. I'm going to, rather than walk away today also. We are women, hear us roar...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your interpretation of this card and how it gives you a hint to the day ahead. Life brings people back into our lives for a reason. To heal, resolve, or finally let go. May you have a good day of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you it went well and I am curious to learn more about my relatives....some from mayo and now living in the states...

      Delete