Saturday 27 August 2016

Foundation

Daily Draw: The Llewellyn Tarot, Ace of Pentaclesfoundation
First reaction not feeling ace in the pentacles department today. Unexpected vet bills, lawyers fees and (to be honest) excess everyday expenditure adds up to zero savings this month. So I’m taking comfort from Chesca Potter’s interpretation of this card as ‘foundation stone’. It starts here. For the next few months I’m going to ‘shop my wardrobe’ not the store. Less wine = less tummy = more outfit options.
I’ve looked at regular outgoings and found ways to make small savings. Look after the pennies and the pounds will look after themselves as my mum used to say. Extraneous stuff to eBay – I can hear the house exhaling with relief.
Frugality is one of the most beautiful and joyful words in the English language, and yet one that we are culturally cut off from understanding and enjoying. The consumption society has made us feel that happiness lies in having things, and has failed to teach us the happiness of not having things.
Elise Boulding, 1920-2010

No comments:

Post a Comment