Sunday 15 October 2017

Anything but

Daily Draw: Earthly Souls and Spirits Oracle, Spontaneous


This card reminds me of what a creature of habit I can be. My usual practice is to glance at the image and read the book meaning at length. Except with this deck I can't. The creator intended this deck to be read visually and intuitively and provides only a brief overview of what she emphasises are her interpretations. 

That I have a such a text bias is a good reason for working with images. I wonder if I could dare myself to abstain from book meanings for a whole month? Researching the written word is such a well worn neural pathway...Perhaps if I do a few twirls like this young girl I'll glimpse something shimmering beyond my usual field of vision.  

Why not seize the pleasure at once? -- How often is happiness destroyed by preparation, foolish preparation!

Jane Austen 



5 comments:

  1. I think the ability to be Spontaneous in my life is one of my strengths.
    I have to be cautious thought, that it isn't ruthlessness disguised

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a strength. I suppose all virtues can also be vices. Every word can harbour its opposite...

      Delete
  2. I'm looking at those cats, watching how easily their curiosity is piqued. That would be wonderful, to pause long enough to let me watch with awe. I can do it sometimes when life isn't hectic, but rarely when busyness defines my days.
    There is an ISG (Intuitive Study Group) on the Tarot, Tea and Me forum. The one rule is not to follow tarot 'rules,' but to to let the image guide your intuition. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read lots of books on The Tarot and refer to them often, still mostly I go with the cards relay to me, and sometimes that doesn't agree at all with the written word. Whatever feels right to you, do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn. I've been observing my practice this week and I think it has changed. I think I've become less text dependant. Picking out the odd word to dialogue with the image rather than trying to digest and distill the book meaning alone.

      Delete