Monday 23 October 2017

owl medicine

Daily Draw: Earthly Souls and Spirits Oracle, Relax

This card has a waning moon on the reverse which suggests the calm that comes after releasing things that no longer serve us. Clearing out clutter whether physical or mental to make room for the new. 

I believe the owl also symbolises transition. Certainly owl knows it cannot carry everything and still fly. Perhaps it is telling me to keep my eyes peeled and travel light. An opportunity may come along that I want to swoop on. 


7 comments:

  1. Makes me think of owl pellets. :D They hack up bits of bone, fur, etc. that isn't useful after eating and digesting what is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh too funny hacking up the c**p I'm crying laughing thank you :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning card this is. I would love to sit there, reading my book by candlelight and listening to the occasional hoot from the owl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, my ipad camera doesn't do it justice...I could put myself in the card too...

      Delete
  4. I have noticed the black cats, the Witch's familiar are in most cards. Today she needs owl's wisdom and not just her own. Sometimes it is good to seek out advice, get a different perspective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right there are cats in almost every card whereas I think owl appears only twice. There must be something significant in that.

      Delete
  5. as owls see all, they would by their nature recognize the need for flinging that which isn't important.

    ReplyDelete