Tuesday 5 December 2017

slow and steady

Today's Draw: Nine of Pentacles, Pam's Vintage Tarot

According to Katz and Goodwin this card depicts Rosalind in As You Like It. In Act 4 scene 1 she admonishes her suitor Orlando for his tardiness: 'I had as lief be wooed of a snail'. adding 'because even though he's slow he carries his house on his head'. 

The lady's dress and the vines signify affluence but as this is a nine card I guess her 'fortune' wasn't just handed on a plate. The snail is a good reminder of the value of self-sufficiency and steady progress on the road to financial independence. 

5 comments:

  1. I'd rather be wooed by a snail - that's hilarious and makes me love this card even more. This card is also a good reminder for me to take care of my body - the shell I ride around in. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Shakespeare gave the leading ladies some great one liners.

      Good call re the shell which fits with my adventures with slimming world this week.

      Delete
  2. Are all the cards shadowed in this restoration deck?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sorry I should have explained I photgraphed this card at 4pm when it had started to go dark! They are slightly darker and murkier than the standard RWS deck though.

      Delete
  3. slow and steady. I wonder if we are the most anxious and stressed generation because we are constantly bombarded with true or false?
    On thinking about it, I doubt it. I drew Hamlet today who was embroiled in the same stressors.

    ReplyDelete