Tuesday 26 December 2017

Two become one

Those keys and the crossed fingers raised a wry smile this morning. We have a new wifi radio and I was expecting set up to cause a day of dreaded password pandemonium. When one new account triggers a reaction through all the other ones and before long you have no idea what you're logging in or out of. Or maybe that's just me?

K has long believed instruction manuals to be an unnecessary distraction. I read them cover to cover (to the point I don't dare press a button at all). 

Yet we are changing in our old age....K diligently reading, me impatiently prodding and poking, him tutting. 

We got it working! Which is a very good thing as I've already thrown out the receipt and guarantee. That use to be K's department too.

4 comments:

  1. Heehee, I'm a "lay out all the parts" and a "read all the instructions, step by step" person. I tell my husband that is one reason he married me. He has not patience for that kind of thing. My frustration comes when I follow directions and things don't work the way they're supposed to. :D Glad you go it working!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I think our hubbys are similar creatures. When I met K I was intrigued to know how he’d made it to 35 and done perfectly well in life without ever reading any instructions.

      Delete
  2. Our posts are on the same track. Me I don't like the assembly required items. I don't have patience for directions so I either mess it up and then hire or ask someone to fix up my mess, or now a-days I just get someone else to do it from the get-go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly just about everything now requires some assembly or set up at home. I’m with you - hurl in a room with someone paid to sort it out...

      Delete