Thursday 7 December 2017

Visitation

Today's draw: Ten of Cups, Pam's Vintage Tarot

I'm often guilty of glancing this 'happy home' card which usually triggers eager thoughts of living in a cottage by the sea. 

On closer inspection I'm not sure the couple in this card own the little cottage to the right. The man's body seems to be oriented in a different direction (the east) although the woman does seem to tilt her head and point her finger towards the cottage. May be they have different aspirations. Maybe I'm making too much of things. 

I read this week that, according to census records, Pamela Coleman Smith lived in Didsbury, Manchester for a while as a child. If true it would be nice to visit. Verifying this will be my weekend project. 


4 comments:

  1. I suppose you could look at it as embracing all of life - from the storms to the rainbows that come afterward.
    I will be curious to hear about what you learn on your PCS adventure. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m excited as always to have a mystery to solve. From experience it will probably throw up some challenges. If she did live there and I find the house/site I will certainly share some pictures here :)

      Delete
    2. PS I have already found a challenge. The census lists her as living at a property called 'Oakhurst' no street name or number! Even if it still stands could take me years to find!

      Delete
    3. Arghh! Maybe an unexpected clue will present itself.

      Delete