Wednesday 23 August 2017

medicinal

Daily Draw, The Green Witch Tarot, The Sidhe/Temperance

This potion maker has all the ingredients, tools and resources she needs to create something magical. Her work being subtle alchemy she's fully focused on the task, paying attention to infinitesimal interactions of each addition to the pot. To an observer she appears patient yet being immersed a state of flow time does not weigh heavy on her. The moon is high and still she continues. 

Traditionally this is a card of balance and healing. For me this means applying the imagery of this rendition quite literally. To light more candles, read books and learn about medicinal herbs and essential oils.  




7 comments:

  1. Studying the use of herbs has never been my cup of tea. I've certainly tried it but it is not for me. Yet I do envy how she is able to immerse herself in her activity which can be seen as a healing balm on it's own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love herbs. When I was younger, I built (from a kit) a tiny greenhouse and grew medicinal herbs from seed. It was one of the most pleasurable hobbies I've ever had. There was so much I would have liked to have grown that wouldn't grow in our heat and humidity (like lavender). My nighttime tea was a mix of lemon balm and catnip that I grew. I don't grow herbs anymore, but I still enjoy using essential oils in my little electric diffuser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never grown from seed but maybe I'll try next year. I love lemon balm - I have some in a pot pinch the leaves every so often to take in the scent. Lavender does ok here but I think the place to see it is provence - a google image search of lavender and Provence yields some amazing pictures...

      Delete
  3. my kitchen when making seedy buns. Total disaster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D there's an advantage to having a miniscule kitchen - no room to make mess...

      Delete
  4. What a strange brew we can make when we get into our 'kitchens.' I like the literal take on it the cards image, to light the candles, read a book, and study a new craft, or recipe.

    ReplyDelete