Thursday 31 August 2017

happy to see the hermit

Daily Draw, Anna K Tarot, The Hermit.  

I took a photo of a lantern yesterday and here he is the lantern carrier although depicted here with a candle. Being a double hermit (this is my life and birth card) it is always a sigh moment when this card shows up. This version I find especially beautiful. Those wonderful wonderful blue tones...

The rain is lashing down outdoors with the odd crack of thunder. This together with the appearance of this card reminds me I am fortunate to have a place of stillness, a mini retreat from the world. Today I am tucked up with mug of tea reading Sepulchre by Kate Mosse - a novel which features a mysterious deck of tarot cards. There is a difference between solitude and loneliness. 

Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is richness of self.

May Sarton, 1912-1995

7 comments:

  1. ah.. The Hermit. I love how he has found a cave to shelter him from the wind and the rain. It must be so much more comfortable than standing on a high mountain top. Your "cave" sounds very cozy too. I hope you will find some peace and quiet there today :)
    PS thanks for the book recommendation. it's on my to read list now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I found the book hard to get into at first as it slips backwards and forwards in time. Now I'm half way through I am really enjoying it :)

      Delete
  2. Beautifully written. I have am arm-long list of things I'm going to do when the rainy days get here.
    I'll get it all done, just like my list of things I'll get done on snow days when I can't get out at all

    falala, I don't care ;) We need things to work toward mentally while we take physical days off

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      My you are an excellent planner/diet. I haven't made a rainy day list before but I'mgoing to now...perfect timing now autumn is here.

      Delete
    2. Just spotted an embarrassing error in my comment above. I meant a great planner/doer not diet! My iPad has been auto incorrecting like this for a few days. Not sure why...

      Delete
  3. While at 'cousin camp' I got up before daybreak for a solitary walk. I enjoy the company of others, but have to balance that time with time alone.
    I think I read her book Labyrinth, but not this one. Let us know how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Cousin camp' ...your way with words makes me chuckle. I believe taking time alone to refuel can make us better company when we do spend time with others.

      Delete