Thursday 10 August 2017

Pause and breathe

Daily Draw: Tarot of the Hidden Realm, Two of Pentacles, Knight of Pentacles

I rejected the two at first assuming it was about juggling which I don't feel able to do at the moment. Then drew the Knight went back to the book and the text revealed the cards similar energies. This knight doesn't believe in taking action for the sake of taking action. He balances intense inner drive with great patience. It is easy to mistake his steadiness for indifference or laziness. Yet actually lack of drama does not mean a lack of dedication. When the time is right he can be relied upon to do exactly the right thing using the resources and energy to hand. 

Similarly the two advocates a slow, balanced approach. Breathe, slow down, pay attention. Where there are conflicting demands it is better (although undoubtedly hard) to choose to do one thing well rather than attempt too many things and fail at everything. Maintaining awareness and responding rather than reacting is the message of these cards. Perhaps if I had paused to breathe this morning I'd have noticed there is no juggling here.  









8 comments:

  1. Taking moments to breath and pause should be on the top of everyone's priority list ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True - I hope you found time to be still and breath today

      Delete
  2. I don't like the Two of Pentacles because I draw it often, lol. It is like a nagging aunt reminding me to do things. But the flowers in the card both grow from the same physical root, suggesting that the 'vehicle' that carries me around to take care of all my obligations won't produce anything unless it is well cared for too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good observation of the root. Perhaps the traditional two depicts what we are doing juggling multiple obligations but the underlying message of balance is not literally balancing them but finding inner balance...my scoot round the web suggested that to me today. I often learn more when I strongly resist a card...

      Delete
  3. I see the live and growing, still to be tested, and I see the resulting handwork that could be fashioned from it.
    That could be a thoughty thought or it could just be ice cream stirred to mush. Get on with it grilfrin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I would like to achieve more than mashed ice cream...thanks for the prod to get on with it :)

      Delete
  4. What began in the Ace is nurtured or brought to realization in the two and on through to the Knight who takes the message back in the World.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good interpretation. Whatever I draw tomorrow I will tap the energy of the three of pentacles or possibly the eight. Get my journal article/message to the world submitted.

      Delete