Saturday 5 August 2017

Nurture through nature

Daily Draw: Tarot of the Hidden Realm, Ten of Cups

Spirals of steam carry the essences of lavender, rose and frankincense filling the air with peace and promise. She harvested these plants with her own hands and blended them with water from her sacred spring. She invites the healing properties of these plants into her life and as she sings they begin to release their magic. With skilful motions she moves her hands to summon blessings for her loved ones. 

As the guidebook says life is full of moments of love and connection - some fleeting, some enduring for a lifetime. Some are effervescent, others deep and still. Commingled in a life they create a wholesome existence. This is the promise of the ten of cups. If we no longer have an elder in our lives bestowing such familial blessings perhaps it is time to become more like the lady in this card - nurturing relationships in our lives and the lives of those around us. 

After a week of anxiety fuelled rumination doing myself and those around me no good at all I got a wake up call in the form of an oracle reading on insta. Healing was the message so today as a family/pack K, Roger, Barney and I went for a long woodland walk. It felt good. What can you do today to nurture yourself and those around you? 



7 comments:

  1. It took me a while to connect this card to the Ten of Cups but then it reminded me how I used to have a small sugar jar filled with loving energy for my loved ones. To each dish I cooked I added a pinch of love from my jar,
    I am glad your walk has done you well my dear! I have been meditating, writing in my journal and playing wit my water colors. It is pouring over here so I'll save my walk for tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving kitchen magic...what a wonderful thing to do for your loved ones! Sounds like we are on a similar path this week and I have playing with watercolours planned for tomorrow! Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although it isn't easy, it is good to know we're not alone in this

      Delete
  3. Barney is too cute to be legal. My cups, as usual, have led me off on a tangent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He fills my cups with love every day....

      Delete
  4. I agree with Sharyn about Barney. :D She reminds me of how I often associate certain wonderful smells with people I have loved; with my grandmother, it was yeast rolls baking. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes I find also that kitchen smells can be so evocative of loved ones and happy times. Hugs.

      Delete