Tuesday 29 August 2017

Queenly self care

Daily Draw, Anna K Tarot: Queen of Pentacles. 

This lady is a down to earth queen. She offers practical advice for all manner of collywobbles. Eat well, take some exercise outdoors, get an early night. A natural nurturer she knows the importance of fresh linen on the bed, a candlelit bathroom, clothes laid out for the morning. Such things are easily overlooked when we are overworked, tired or stressed but that is exactly the time to practice little acts of self care. 

4 comments:

  1. I used to identify with her very strongly when my girls were much younger. Nowadays her voice is so much harder to hear. Taking care of myself doesn't come as natural as taking care of my kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was what I wanted to say in my post. My words are still imperfect.... If you are caring for your kids you are no longer leaning on this queen you actually are her...

      Delete
  2. So much stress could be lessened by attending to those basic necessities. There's nothing more grounding than an unrushed, simple meal or cat nap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right it could :) I'm not too good at catnapping - I hope to be one day ;) but I certainly enjoy preparing a simple meal and eating it in an unrushed way :)

    ReplyDelete