Sunday 5 March 2017

Reflexive openings

Daily Draw: Gateway Oracle Cards, Looking Deeper

I had an enforced meditative practice this morning when I went for breakfast stuff and locked myself out of the house. Listening to clear birdsong outside rather the muffled sort I hear in the kitchen was a good experience I will repeat. 

The message of this card is that something that may seem closed could actually be just about to open (like my door). I am reminded by this of the difference between surface and deep reflections. The former describes something that happened whereas the latter involves an unsettling of assumptions so we think and do things differently in the future. 

Maybe joy is whatever is happening minus our opinion of it, and love is whatever is happening minus our attempt to control it. 

Sebene Selassie, 


7 comments:

  1. Sounds like we are both having experiences regarding the opening of closed doors (and the opening of minds)! An outdoor listening meditation is one of my favorites, especially this time of year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed we are :) really looking forward to the new season and making the most of the sounds and fragrances in the garden.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like prefect opportunity to practice being present with whatever occurs. I have been for a walk outside and it felt so good :)
    I wonder, who let you in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keith when he came back from walking the dogs. Luckily he had his keys with him :)

      Delete
  3. unsettling of assumptions
    ooo, I like that wordsmithing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Funny you should say that. I've been thinking of going hill walking with a friend but didn't make the connection to the card until your comment. thank you!

      Delete