Saturday 4 March 2017

sort of anniversary

Daily Draw: Gateway Oracle Cards, Planting Seeds/ Fairy Lights Tarot, Ace of Wands


It is a year today since I began blogging my daily draw. Although it was in secret so not sure today counts as an anniversary. 

Today's oracle urges us to be clear on what our hearts truly desire. It suggests to me the importance of planting spiritual seeds first for the clarity we need to decide which worldly seeds to sow. The card also speaks of nurturance so what we plant grows strong like the oak. Partly this means being willing to pull the weeds along the way. 

I also drew a card (the Ace of Wands) from the Fairy Lights Tarot which is the first deck I blogged with. According to the guidebook "A tree of inspiration is growing from a seed planted long ago. Tend it well and draw upon its creative powers''

This image of the sapling growing from an old trunk reminds me that we don't always get to start from a perfect beginning. Sometimes growth emerges out of broken or dying things. Things can grow from seeds which we planted quite unintentionally or without great expectations. Whether the tree in this card is beautiful or a weed depends on your point of view. 

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant

Robert Louis Stevenson, 1850-1894



8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on reaching one year - that is an accomplishment not many bloggers reach. The 'tree of inspiration' seems like an appropriate card for your milestone, as does the 'seeds' that will be planted in years to come. I for one am glad you went to public, as I enjoy reading your thoughts and the knowledge you share! And none of us started a blog (I would dare say) without changing some things along the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi again the third comment below was in response to you! So many blessings basic IT competency not one of them :D

      Delete
  2. I've been thinking about Capability Brown lately. How so much of his vision for grounds and gardens were long term plans, the trees he had planted he would never live long enough to see. We had five trees on the west side of the house when we moved here. They were poorly thought out, now only two remain and we will have to take out one of those this year. What would Mr.Brown have planted I wonder. Am I smart enough to regard only the future is we replant? Or would I take the course of the old owners, plant for the now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of his wonderful creations at Chatsworth not too far from us. Planting something splendid for the future very thought provoking.

      Perhaps we can do this while also planting something small for now. I imagine even Capability Brown had some interim arrangements.

      Delete
  3. Thank you. Blogging in the open was a huge step as I am quite shy. I was really glad of the welcome you gave me! So many blessings have come out of this hobby not least because of the comments and suggestions you have been kind enough to share. Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beginning anything anew can fill us with trepidation. I enjoy reading others take on cards, it helps me learn and expand outside of my interpretations. Thanks for putting yourself out here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah Sharyn, spreading that pixie dust, was the one who got me blogging back in 2008. Hard to believe it's been nine years. It's a great way to use card decks and keep them from languishing on a shelf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Yes I would never have taken the step without that gentle nudge! Thanks for dropping by - must have a look at your blog :)

      Delete